First aid is emergency care provided for injury or sudden illness before emergency medical treatment is available. The first aid provider in the workplace is someone who is trained in the delivery of initial medical emergency procedures, using a limited amount of equipment to perform a primary assessment and intervention while awaiting arrival of emergency medical service personnel.The program is designed to equip the participants with knowledge and skills in applying the proper first aid techniques for a particular emergency.
• Identify emergencies that will be requiring first aid attention;
• Enable the participants to make an initial assessment of the casualty and recognise a range of signs and symptoms associated with accidents and medical emergencies, particularly in the workplace; and
• Learn how to properly administer immediate first aid/treatment to the casualty through demonstration and practice.
• Legal Issues on First Aid
• Emergency Action Principle
• Focus History & Physical Examination
• Soft Tissue Injury
• Dressing & Bandaging
• Musculoskeletal Injury
• Patient Handling Program
• Medical Surveillance Program
“Safety is not about promoting brands and buying safety products… Rather, safety is about preventing accidents and managing risks. Products
are solutions, whereas Safety is a Way of Life.”
Benjamin C. Tan