Rationale: Chemicals are very useful to accomplishing our work objectives but at the same time, these same chemicals can also pose hazards to workers and the environment. These chemicals can also cause damage to properties.
• Provide participants with a general working knowledge of chemical safety principles;
• Ensure that participants are fully aware of their right and need to know about potential hazards associated with hazardous materials in the workplace;
• Understand the specific chemical hazards and the procedures and equipment available to protect them from those hazards; and
• Implement emergency response procedures in the event of a chemical emergency.
• Hazard Communication
• Understanding MSDS
• Proper Handling of Chemicals
• Chemical Storage
• Chemical Safety Procedures
• Chemical Emergencies and Procedures
“Safety is not about promoting brands and buying safety products… Rather, safety is about preventing accidents and managing risks. Products
are solutions, whereas Safety is a Way of Life.”
Benjamin C. Tan