Equipment and machineries are very important component of productivity and must be serviced or maintained from time to time either scheduled or as the need arises. And operators and mechanics/technicians must be well versed with the requirements of this activity as this activity is considered highly hazardous. An event associated with equipment and machine PM usually results to severe worker injury and/or property damage. Consequently, delays in production and monetary losses could result.
• Recognize hazardous energy sources and their use to the operations of the machines and equipment;
• List forms of hazardous energy and specific procedures how to control them;
• Explain the elements of a lockout/tagout program;
• Understand the importance of lockout/tagout procedures;
• Learn the different lockout/tagout hardware and determine the applicable LOTO hardware for each type of hazardous energy.
• Basic Electrical Safety
• Machine Safety
ооPoint of Operation
ооSource of Energy
• Lock Out / Tag out
• Walk-thru Plant Inspection
• LOTO Procedures
“Safety is not about promoting brands and buying safety products… Rather, safety is about preventing accidents and managing risks. Products
are solutions, whereas Safety is a Way of Life.”
Benjamin C. Tan