This training will make workers who are engaged in working at heights to do their work safely and confidently finish their activities. Skills of workers assigned in working at heights will be improved as this training will provide all the necessary information on specific hazards (including their consequences) associated with working at heights and the procedures that workers need to observe before, during and after any activity involving high work. This Working at Heights Training provides the information employees need to work safely when they are “off the ground”, and satisfies the major requirements in the OSHA Standard on Fall Protection. There will also be practical application of the theories learned during the discussion.
Falls are the third highest cause of workplace fatalities in the general industry & the leading cause of death in the construction industry. Falls not only happen in traditionally hazardous occupations, such as construction work, but can occur in all types of workplaces.OSHA recognizes that accidents involving falls are generally complex events frequently involving a variety of factors. Consequently, the standard for fall protection deals with both the human and equipment-related issues in protecting workers from fall hazards. And workers have to be oriented on this.
Working at Heights Safety Training will enable concerned workers to:
- Identify the injuries that could occur while working at heights;
- Recognize fall hazards in the workplace and know what systems of control to use in order to manage them;
- Know the different fall protection equipment, how to inspect and maintain them properly; and
- Understand the limitations of this equipment as well as being able to set up safe systems for each application required.
- Working at Heights Injuries and Statistics
- Falls: Truth and Consequence
- Risk Management on Fall Protection
- Passive Fall Protection System
- Personal Fall Protection System
- Four Working Techniques
- Ladder and Stairway