This is a prescribed training of DOLE-BWC for those who will create a system for the proper implementation of safety and health program in the workplace that is focused in controlling losses before exposures become eventuated. RATIONALE:
The consequence to exposure to unsafe acts and conditions are accidents. And these accidents cannot just be eliminated without carefully evaluating what causes them as these are the hazards that ail the workplace. After understanding hazards (unsafe acts and conditions) as immediate causes of accidents, it must be time to implement a more meaningful plan to control these hazards by strategically correcting these hazards at its sources; the personal factors and job factors. The best way to do this is to develop and establish programs that will treat these factors.This training is designed to improve the participants understanding on hazardous chemical used in the workplace. It involves explanation of the Material Safety Data Sheet, First Aid for accidental human exposure, and effects of contamination on the environment. Likewise, the concept of toxicology is structured to include series of lectures, small group discussions, workshop and group output presentation.
Chemicals are very useful to accomplishing our work objectives but at the same time, these same chemicals can also pose hazards to workers and the environment. These chemicals can also cause damage to properties.OBJECTIVES:
Chemical Safety Training will enable chemical workers to:
- Provide participants with a general working knowledge of chemical safety principles;
- Ensure that participants are fully aware of their right and need to know about potential hazards associated with hazardous materials in the workplace;
- Understand the specific chemical hazards and the procedures and equipment available to protect them from those hazards; and
- Implement emergency response procedures in the event of a chemical emergency.
- Characteristics and Properties of ChemicalsооToxicооFlammableооCorrosiveооReactive
- Hazard Communication
- Understanding MSDS
- Proper Handling of Chemicals
- Chemical Storage
- Chemical Safety Procedures
- Chemical Emergencies and Procedures